Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When I self-clean my Thermador C301U oven, it triggers the

When I self-clean my Thermador C301U oven, it triggers the temp sensor to shut off due to high heat. How do I reset the temp sensor - tired of paying high prices for the appliance repair guy
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this should be a rather easy fix. The first thing you need to do is turn the circuit breaker off to the oven. Next open the oven door and remove the screws going into the vent that runs across the door latch assembly. Remove the vent cover and there is a 1" round silver and black device mounted just behind the door lock assembly. Push the tiny red button on this device hard and it will reset the high limit heat switch which it clicks. Now just put everything back together and turn the circuit breaker on and the oven should heat again. Thermador ovens are just really sensitive with the clean cycle so to avoid the issue maybe set the clean cycle to only 2:30 instead of the standard 3:30.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?