Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Good Morning!, Please help me figure this one out! I own

Customer Question

Good Morning!,
Please help me figure this one out! I own Frigidaire Affinity Front Load model ATF6000ESI, Two weeks ago I had an error code E56, high motor current, went through the test, motor ohmed out, replace speed control board, Question is the speed control board part of the control board? I replaced the control board,with a suposidly new one and now I am getting trouble code E5E, communication problem between the control board and the speed control board, with reading test 11, leads me to answer my first question is yes, because it tells me to replace the speed control board if i have replace the control board. Question where is the speed control board?
Please help, my wife is about ready to kill me!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

What was the part number you replaced?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I ended up in the seven day free trial for the monthly thing and typed in my question twice,so I hope i am not going to get dinged twice,134591200, the nember on the part that matched the original ipower-one model4246-99-1

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
If you subscribed to the 7 day free trial then no will not be charged again. you can ask and acccept as many times as you like during that time. was the part defintely new that you got on EBAY?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Chas, It was listed as new and the guy emailed me a few days later and said his associate labeled it wrong and it had been opened and put in a machine and the motor was the issue, I had originally bid $75 and could buy it now for $95 and did, I agreed to try the part and the guy sent it with a $20 check and I stated that if it did not work he needed to refund me fully. Do you think I got a bad control panel, is the speed control part of the control panel?

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Do you get the old error again if you put the old board back in?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have not mad it to that step, I can do it in a twenty minutes, I am betting I will, I will let you know asap

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
okay, that sounds good
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Chas, yes changing to the original control board I get the E56 code once again, just a side note when going throught the tests the pump does not sound the greatest. I have to get ready and go to work, I can check the mail in about twenty minutes then I am out til five or so.Thank you, Leo

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
I would say they sent you a bad board they sent you, since it was showing a communication error with this new board they sent...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Chas,

Please answer my question, which is, is the speed control board part of the control board unit? Just for my developing brain. Thank you, I will have to see what I can do about getting another control panel, do you have any sorces for cheap parts you could recommend.

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
The speed control is the part you replaced, not the control panel.
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
I noticed that your question is still open, is there anything else I can do for you on your problem?