Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Zanussi fridge freezer zrb224nwo. Its in our kitchen

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi fridge freezer zrb224nwo. It's in our kitchen living area, and has just started making an on/ off load fan noise. It sounds like a fast clicking. It will run for 30mins then cut out for 20 mins then run noisy again for 30 mins.
I just started maternity leave and it's driving me mental.
It's only 18 months old, and just out of warrantee.
Can any one advise?
Many thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

It sounds like the relay on the compressor is going bad. You need to go behind the unit and remove the bottom panel on it. See if the noise is coming from the side of the large black roundish shaped object(compressor). If it is then the relay is the issue or possibly the compressor. The relay is mounted to the compressor and can easily be changed out, but not the compressor itself. I would start there and try and isolate where the noise is coming from first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your fast reply.

I just need to wait for my husband to get home to pull the fridge out and have a look (I would normally, but too pregnant at the mo!).

I'll get back to you as soon as we've been able to have a further look at these 2 things...

Ok no problem