Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The oven wont get hot but evrything else works fine and oven

Customer Question

The oven wont get hot but evrything else works fine and oven lights come on as if it were working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the cooktop still works but the oven won't heat on bake, broil, or cleaning---your L2 relay on the display control board has failed. This is the only part that stops all the heating functions but allows the cooktop, display, and lights to continue functioning. Unfortuantely you can't just replace the relay on the board and the entire display board would need to be replaced to correct this issue. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!