Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Why is my freezer have a slow leak?

Why is my freezer have a slow leak?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Leaking water or coolant?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think water it's been slowly warping the cabinet wood, over the past several months. Not sure if it's coolant or water because it's dry right now on the floor but the wood looks wet but feels dry.
Jeff its a defrost drain problem. Coolant evaporates as soon as it hits the atmosphere. I was not sure what you were asking but yes if its water that is the problem.

At the rear inside wall there is a panel with screws in it,, phillips if I remember correctly. Unplug the freezer and remove that panel. There are coils behind it, and directly under those coils is a drain hole. Clear the ice from that hole.

That will take care of the problem, please ask me if you have any questions. If not then please leave a rating.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Let me take a look and try the repair then I will rate
Understood,, you take good care and thank you for the opportunity.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What's the best way to unplug the drain of ice? Should I use hot water?
Yes hot water only. Nothing else, not bleach,,,oh man do not use bleach. Just use water after you have the ice removed and if the tube is clogged after that you can use 1/4 inch plastic tubing to push in through the drain. Its not very long, about 7 or 8 inches.

Barry