Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool Washer model #WTW57ESVW1. The problem is

I have a Whirlpool Washer model #WTW57ESVW1. The problem is when starting a wash cycle. Not only does the water begin filling but it begins washing the clothes as well. Last night I replaced the Timer ($140.00) I did 2 loads of wash it worked fine. Today it is back to doing the same thing. Also when it is done final spinning. The water begins filling again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! This is actually a pretty common failure and it involves the ALS, or Auto Load Sensing switch, number 38 in the diagram. It will need to be replaced and is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

ALS Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

how can this make the machine wash & fill at the same time ?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
That switch measures the load by reading the pressure of the air as the water rises in the tub. When it senses enough water has been put into the machine, it tells the timer to begin the wash cycle. It is kind of like the old pressure switches but a bit more fancy and 1000% more troublesome!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

well i ordered the switch. but i don't understand. the second the switch is pulled. the water runs and the wash cycle starts. the wash cycle begins with no water what so ever in the tub. what happens if i replace the switch and the problem is still present ?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
That switch is what tells the washer to start running. That switch is the problem, but you can post back here as long as necessary, at no additional charge, for as long as it takes to get it going. Also, if you ordered through the link I provided, you can return the switch, for any reason, for a year!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!