Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung Refrigerator RFG298HD and I have an unusual

I have a Samsung Refrigerator RFG298HD and I have an unusual amount of water that collects in the drawers in the refrigerator. Is there a setting that needs adjusting or could it be something else?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is not a problem with a setting if you have water that collects in or below the drawers of the refrigerator. This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has clogged up or frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your refrigerator and remove the back panel inside the refrigerator. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out if there is any and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. The panel that you are removing isn't so obvious so go to the link below and you can see that the panel you need to remove is part 24 in the diagram.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-RFG298HDBPXAA0000/1482/0161000/50039426/00002?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Tyler. We will empty the refrig and try your fix this weekend.

Ok good luck and no problem at all.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?