Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

kenmore he5t clothes washer will not drain left unplugged

kenmore he5t clothes washer will not drain left unplugged overnight garage flooded please advise
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! So I understand, even unplugged it continued to fill and flooded the garage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do i change a part or is there some exorcism ican perform

Did the machine fill and flood even while unplugged? Can you post the model number, leaving spaces, like 1 1 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry, i replugged it and then i switched to "drain and spin" it filled more water when i opened the door water came out onto the floor.

Okay, so what exactly is the machine not doing? It will not drain the water from the tub?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Exactly!

Okay, sorry about the confusion, I wasn't quite sure if it was filling or not draining. Can you post the model number, leaving spaces, like 1 1 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MODEL NUMBER 110 477 81 701 SER. CSW111 4552

Awesome, thank you! I suspect the drain pump filter is plugged. Under the very bottom panel in the front of the washer are three screws. Remove them and then the front panel will come off. Directly behind that panel, right in the middle, is the pump (number 7). There is a filter (number 11) that will unscrew, right in the very front of that pump. Unscrew it and clean it out. That should restore good drainage!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!