John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hello Barry, I have a kitchenaid side-by-side..the "Over temperature"

Customer Question

Hello Barry, I have a kitchenaid side-by-side..the "Over temperature" light has been going on for the past 3 days. I read your thread about checking the lower-back inside panel of the freezer and there is definitely frost build up. I removed the little electronic flap that allows the cold in from the freezer to the fridge area and found that area to be frozen with ice build up. I removed the ice and put back the compartment with the little flap. The flap works i can hear it opening when i turned the fridge off> on.

What do you think?

Thank you!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Barry appears to be off line can I help ?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Were the coils completely blocked with frost in the freezer? Also could you get the model from the sticker inside the fresh food section?

Thanks, Barry