Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

BOSH MODEL SHE43MO2UC/50PROBLEM--DOES NOT DRAIN.CLEANED

BOSH MODEL SHE43MO2UC/50 PROBLEM--DOES NOT DRAIN. CLEANED OUT AROUND PUMP, STILL PROBLEM. CHECKED JUST BEFORE FINISH CYCLING; WATER GUSHING BACK INTO TUB. NO OVERFLOW SO FAR. UNIT OUT IN KITCHEN FLOOR, NO HOSE KINKS OBSERVED. CHECKED DRAIN MANIFOLD ON SIDE OF MACHINE, DISCONNECTED OUT DRAIN LINE BLOWED THUR OK. DISCONNECTED DRAIN LINE FROM PUMP SIDE, COULD NOT BLOW THUR IT. XXXXXXX

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE

And if you do happen to need to replace the drain pump, below is a link to the part as well as a video that shows you how to replace the part at the bottom of the link.

CLICK HERE for drain pump and video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

REMOVE SCREW AROUND IMPELLER AND CLEANED OUT AROUND PUMP, STILL PROBLEM. CHECKED JUST BEFORE FINISH CYCLING; WATER GUSHING BACK INTO TUB. NO OVERFLOW SO FAR. UNIT OUT IN KITCHEN FLOOR, NO HOSE KINKS OBSERVED. CHECKED DRAIN MANIFOLD ON SIDE OF MACHINE, DISCONNECTED OUT DRAIN LINE BLOWED THUR OK. DISCONNECTED DRAIN LINE FROM PUMP SIDE, COULD NOT BLOW THUR IT. CAIN'T FIGURE HOW TO GET TO THE WORKING PARTS, DUE TO ALL PLASTIC COVERING WITH FEW SCREWS. IT LOOKS LIKE THE ENTIRE MACHINE BOTTOM DETACHES FROM CABINET HOUSING; BUT HOW.

You never remove the base from the tub. You just remove the left side panel to access the pump and the "working parts" as you're calling them. To remove the left side you just open the door and remove the 2 screws coming in from the front of the left side panel. Then pull the left side panel off at the top to unclip it and then remove the panel. The 2nd video I sent you shows you this process.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

iS THERE A DRAIN SOLENOID THAT ACTIVATES WHEN DRAINING.

FROM WHAT I SAW EARLIER, (WATER GUSHING BACK INTO THE TUB ON FINAL TIME OUT) IT SEEMS THE ROTOR DOWN IN THE SUMP AREA WAS TURNING. WHICH INDICATES THE PUMP WAS TURNING.

PLEASE CLARIFY.

There is not a drain solenoid. There is a backflow preventer which is shown in the first video that I sent you that can stop the water. Other than that, only a clogged drain hose or the disposal (if your drain hose connects to the disposal) and stop the water from draining. Whether you see water gushing back into the tub or not is not really telling you anything. There is ALWAYS water that comes back but it shouldn't be enough to go over top of the stainless steel plate filter. But there will be an inch or so of water down under the filter and that is completely normal. Just because the pump is spinning doesn't mean the pump is good enough. It could be not producing enough pressure to get the water through the drain hose which is why if the drain is clear, the drain pump would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'M OFF TO TRY AND REMOVE THE PUMP.

WILL CHECK IN WITH YOU LATER.

THANKS

Alright, good luck.

You can also put the drain hose into a bucket under the sink to make sure the plumbing on your house isn't an issue as well.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I INSTALLED NEW PUMP AND DRAIN LINE.

STILL HAVE A PROBLEM.

JUST RUN IT THROUGH SHORT CYCLE WITH NO DETERGENT ADDED.

THE DISPENSER FOR TURBO DRY JET FINISH STILL HAS LIQUID IN IT.

AFTER IT RUN THUR COMPLETE SHORT CYCLE WATER WAS GONE, BUT SUDS WERE ABOUT AN INCH DEEP INSIDE BOTTOM OF TUB.

MAYBE THE TURBO DRY DISPENSER ISN'T WORKING CORRECTLY. HOW CAN I DRAIN IT OR CHECK IT TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS PROPERLY?

I DIDN'T THINK THE TURBO DRY SHOULD ADD ENOUGH TO MAKE TOO MANY SUDS. PLEASE CLARIFY.

THANKS

Suds? That would explain your problem if you have suds. This was never once mentioned before. You should never have suds inside the dishwasher. Dishwasher detergent does not suds even if you dump the entire box into the dishwasher. Suds can only come from dish soap getting into the dishwasher or too much jet dry being dispensed. You need to put a few cups of white vinegar in the dishwasher and let all the soap suds dissolve, adding vegetable oil will also break down the suds. Once the suds are gone, then cancel the cycle out and drain the water out. If the suds come back and your'e sure you're not getting hand or dish soap inside the dishwasher and it still creates suds, then you need to replace the dispenser because it's allowing way too much jet dry to get inside the dishwasher.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

HOW DO YOU REMOVE JET DRY DISPENSER.

You can't---the entire dispenser would need to be removed and replaced. To remove the entire dispenser you turn the circuit breaker off or unplug the dishwasher. Open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner along with the 2 screws coming in from the right and left side of the control panel. The door will split apart and you'll see the back side of the dispenser held in by metal clips all the way around. Use stick a small eye glass screwdriver behind the little metal clips holding the dispenser in place and pry these clips out so that you can push the dispenser out and install a new dispenser.

I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I HAVE RUN VINEGAR (2 CUPS) THROUGH IT AND SET THE DISPENSER ALL WAY TO CCW (1) AND RUNNING IT THUR AGAIN TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

WILL LET YOU KNOW THE RESULTS LATER.

THANKS FOR STICKING WITH ME.

alright, good luck.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK SIGNALS COMING TO DISPENSER BEFORE I LAY OUT $100.00 BUCKS ARE MORE ON THE DISPENSER?

THANKS

Not really no, nothing else would cause excess suds to form if you're not getting dish soap inside so if you're not getting dish soap inside and it continues to suds, you need to replace the dispenser.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

THE INFO YOU SENT SEEMS TO HAVE GONE DEAD.I CANNOT ACCESS TO REVIEW IT.IS THIS NORMAL.

No, you should still be able to access everything I've sent previously.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.