Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Incantation remove the old filter. Has a cap that does come

Incantation remove the old filter. Has a cap that does come off but filter doesn't budge. Is at bottom of front of refrigerator.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so I can see how the filter normally comes out? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of your refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

106.56544400 is the model number. Sorry for the delay.

So on this model there is a button to the left of the filter that you push really hard and the filter should pop out so that you can pull it out all the way. If that isn't working, your filter receptacle has failed and that filter housing that the filter clips into would need to be replaced.

I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sent in a rating a earlier today after finally having time to try your advice. My brother successfully removed the old filter. Your advice helped us understand that we could and should use more force. It took several minutes of trying but we got it out and the new one in. Thanks for your help. Saved me a service call.

Awesome, I'm glad it's all taken care of. If you need anything else just let me know.