Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

freezer door does not close tight it seems light it is 1/2

Customer Question

freezer door does not close tight it seems light it is 1/2 in higher
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! On the bottom of the freezer door is a plastic cam, shown as number 16 in the diagram and pictured below. Does it appear to be intact or real worn?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know that I can tell, not knowing what it looked like before. The ref is about 10 years 0ld but it's in a winter house and is used only 6 mo. of the year by only 2 of us. the door right now is about, as I said 1/2 higher than the ref.door,also it is not flush with the ref. door buy 1/4 inch or less.the front that is.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does the door close on its own and does it seal tightly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh I see you did get my second e mail.it clothes tight when you first push it hard but them comes loose and it goes on.it does not close on it's own. o
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so that closer is worn and will need to be replaced. If you remove the screws from the upper hinge, that door will lift up, allowing access to replace that part. The correct one is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Closing Cam $2.20 <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where do I get this part? I live in Surprise Az. 85374.