Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

maytag washer mod # XXXXX washer wont agitate or spin

maytag washer mod # XXXXX washer wont agitate or spin by itself. i could manually move timer and it would work . replaced timer, still have the same problem. what else could it be ? im on my way back to the house
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! So it will fill with water and just sit or what exactly happens if you start a cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fills then nothing unless timer is manually advanced. ill be there in15 min.

So it will wash if you advance the timer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great! The check switch in the lid switch assembly is what the power to the timer motor goes through, so if the timer is new, that is the only other thing it can be. Replacing the lid switch assembly should get that washer working as it should! That switch is part number 22001682 and is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i didnt think about the lid switch because i could manually advace the thing and it would work . so how do you tell the differencebeetween the lid switch and a timer problem

You can measure the voltage at the timer motor. I have marked in heavy black where the timer motor gets its voltage from.