Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Whirlpool 240 volt electric dryer is appear to be

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool 240 volt electric dryer is appear to be a newer model and worked fine until yesterday. It turns on but there is no heat.
I tried the breakers but do not know how to open to check the fuses. I am thinking there is a small 3 inch panel that maybe opens but I don't want to break it. How do I check the fuses? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Is the lint filter on the top of the dryer? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

on the front the the use and care guide is W10189311B is that the model number? or there is a number maybe YWED7500 inside the door on the unit.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Perfect, thank you! Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Okay, well the most likely to have failed is the heating element, mounted to the back of the machine and very easy to get to. It is shown as number 45 in the diagram, mounted behind the cover (number 49). Since we cannot test, I would recommend replacing that heater, pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Heating Element <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I would like to know how to open the appliance to check the fuses.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
There are no fuses, but a couple thermostats. They are shown as numbers 46 & 47 and are mounted on the heating element. You will need a meter to test them. You just need to remove the cover, number 49, once the dryer is pulled out.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here