Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Kenmore elite refrig door left open 8 hrs. not working re-boot

Kenmore elite refrig door left open 8 hrs. not working re-boot unable to hear motor
what can I do
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is anything running at all, like fans, anything? How long did you leave it unplugged for when you rebooted it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fan in freezer

light control panel on

light in frig on

unplugged 1 minute

Great, thank you! Go ahead and unplug it and have a look inside the freezer. On the back wall, do you see frost along the bottom of part shown as 332C below?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you feel that back panel, is it cold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, great! So that means that the compressor is running or has run or that would not be cold. If a door was left open, the coil behind that panel would frost over very quickly as warm air is drawn over it. So, what you will need to do is leave the doors open and the refrigerator unplugged for about 12 hours to allow it to totally thaw that coil and reset the electronic control. After that, once you plug it in, it should be just fine. You have to allow ample thaw time, though, so do not be tempted to turn it on before 12 hours has passed with the doors open.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!