Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Magic Chef Portable Ice Maker, MCIM22TW that I took

Customer Question

I have a Magic Chef Portable Ice Maker, MCIM22TW that I took to Nicaragua. It worked great for awhile - and now it simply doesn't make the ice. It is on, electricity is working fine, but the water just sits in the bottom and no ice is made. I need to know how to fix it - and what parts I need to take with me because it is unlikely that I will find anyone there to fix it. Is that something you can help me with?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! The most common fault in these is the pump that circulates the water. That pump is pictured and available below.

Pump <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I find this part on the machine and what do I do to replace it once I have the replacement part?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
The outer cover will need to come off, the pump is mounted near the bottom of the machine. This is one of few parts available as these are, for the most part, a throw away item. There is no service documentation that I can send you so you will have to get that cover off and have a look.