Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore front loaded HE dryer and it will not start.

I have a Kenmore front loaded HE dryer and it will not start. It gave me an F 70 signal but now it will not turn on. I have looked in the manual and it does not tell me what F 70 means. Model Kenmore Elite(NNN) NNN-NNNN Thanks [email protected]
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F70 means you have an interface communication error. That means that the main control board isn't communicating with the front interface control board. You can pull the dryer out and remove the 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Next, the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now check all the wire connections between the two control board and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then the interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced. The main control board is mounted over top of the drum against the left side wall, and the interface control board is the board behind the control panel where you push all the different buttons. The interface board is the one you need to replace just to be clear. The part is generally $200-250 or so.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!