Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a jenn air dish washer. The heating coil that is located

Customer Question

I have a jenn air dish washer. The heating coil that is located on the bottom of the inside machine is rusted through. The area where the coil comes out of the machine is leaking.
Can this coil be replaced with the contacts that it is connected to the bottom of the machine?
I think the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So yes, the heater can definitely be replaced and it comes with new gaskets to seal the element to the tub. What it won't come with is new terminals on the wires going to the element. So if these terminals are damaged, you'd need to cut the wires and get a new terminal at a local hardware store to put on the old wire. Either way, below is a link to the heating coild you'd need to order for your model.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?