Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

my door handle on the fridge has come unloose at my siemens

Customer Question

my door handle on the fridge has come unloose at my siemens KG57U95/16 side by side fridge/freezer. it seems that i can not buy a new door since they are not made anymore. it is a stainless steel door the handle fastening on the metal door beneath the stainless steel has become undone so some metal repair/fastening needs to be done there.

I have removed the door and the stainless steel coating.

any advice on how i can refasten the handle plugs or any other advice on how to approach the problem?

it seems that they have been soldered to the metal door plane.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have to drill and tap the back of the handle and use a bolt from the inside to secure the handle to the door. Either that, or mount a different handle that you could simply screw into place from the front, but that would not match the other side.