Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Singer Steam Press CSP1and I cant return the board

I have a Singer Steam Press CSP1and I can't return the board and the steam plate to is starting position. The board will turn but not the pressing plate.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The button should unlock the pressing plate when depressed, not a lever. That button is number 10 in the top picture. Does that button feel different than it has in the past, like it may be broken?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks; that button did work,, although not as easily as it should. There is a lever under the board that has to be pressed along with the button on top, however. At least that is what worked for me.Laughing

Okay, the action of those parts may need to be lubricated with a shot of lubricant. That should free them up.