The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a KEBC207KSS05 Kitchenaid double oven. The oven stopped

I have a KEBC207KSS05 Kitchenaid double oven. The oven stopped working and showed a fault code of F2-E6. Looked it up and said Cancel key line open. It suggested to replace the keypad and or the control board. I ended up replacing both and it did not fix the problem. I also checked the control thermal fuse and the oven shutdown fuse and both are good. I have not been able to program the cavity size and I think that is what is preventing me from getting the oven to work again. I followed what the directions say to do but not able to bring up the id30 on the screen to complete the program.

How do you correctly program the cavity size on a KEBC207KSS double oven?
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
Below is what I have for the oven cavity programming procedure. If this is not what you have please try it and let me know if it works.
If it is the same as what you have been trying be sure that you are doing this within one minuet of powering up the unit. If you are unsure please disconnect the power from the unit for at least 5 minuets and try it again.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Best, Smitty

Programming the Cavity Size
1. When replacing the electronic control, be sure to
program the cavity size within 60 seconds of power up
by pressing the following touch pads:
BAKE (upper half of BAKE key),
CONVECTION BROIL (lower half of BROIL key),
STOP TIME, CONV FULL MEAL, digit #7, digit #9,
TIMER SET/START, START.
2. Size is shown in display - “id 30”.
3. Press CLOCK SET/START pad until correct size is
displayed.
4. Press CANCEL pad (do not press the OVEN START key).
5. Press and hold “1” pad for 5 seconds to verify
programming.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried this before and when I get to Conv full meal digit #7 digit #9 it show C-9. I keep following the direction and I never can get the correct size displayed. I am thinking if the cavity size is not programed it will not let me start up the oven.

You are correct. The unit will not allow you to use the oven unless the cavity size has been programmed into it.
As both keypad and control have been replaced the only possibility is that one or the other is defective.
What I would do is send both back as such and get new ones.
If the unit will not program the cavity size and you have followed the instructions accurately one or the other has to be bad. This is the basic operations information that is programmed into the control board. Kind of like the BIOS of your computer.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Best, Smitty