Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hey I have a Frigidaire dual fuel range, model #plcs389dcb.

Hey

I have a Frigidaire dual fuel range, model #plcs389dcb. Bake and broil elements are not heating up. The control board is fully functional. We were using the oven, then we heard a pop, tripped a circuit breaker on the house panel, and now the elements do not work.

I checked the elements for continuity and they are ok. The temperature probe resistance checks out ok as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chuck
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you look on the back of the board, do you see terminals labeled L2 IN and L2 OUT?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I see L2 out, but not L2in

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
It should be right next to it, and very clearly marked. It may be the one with the striped connector.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, I missed it. You are right. They are right next to each other

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Great! With the oven unplugged, remove both of those wires from the L2 terminals and tape them together very securely. Plug the oven back in and see if the oven then heats. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Got the wires taped together. Then turned the breaker on. The oven vent fan came on, but no heat on either element.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Okay, do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Great! Can you test the outlet, between the two flat openings, for 240 VAC, please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Checked 248 volts at the terminal block on the back of the oven

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Great! So that power goes into the control and out to the elements. So, that means that the control is faulty and will need to be replaced. The correct control for your model is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Oven Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!