Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hi, I have the same Maytag model and the bellows appears to

Hi, I have the same Maytag model and the bellows appears to have come off of the inside - no rear bellows clamp - the outside spring is still intact. I am trying to figure out if I can manually put the inside of the bellows back. Right now the machine is leaking water and I can see where the bellows came apart. I just need a visual of what it should look like and I think I can fix it. Also, this is a replacement part and when it initially twisted off there wasn't a rear clamp either
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Number 6 is the rear clamp. You don't see one of those? Is it laying on the bottom of the washer cabinet, inside?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

let me double check but I had the gasket replaced about 4 months ago and I don't remember it being there then either.

That is what holds the bellows onto the tub ring, it would fall off if it was not on there. I bet it did not get tightened and is now laying on the cabinet base.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i found it! the problem is I can't get that whole door front off

You don't need to. Fold the bellows in to the tub and then you can get the back part put on and then set the clamp. Then, fold the bellows back out and install the front spring.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok so one last thing- I hadn't taken the front clamp off and I can do the rear clamp will go outside on top of the bellow, around the edge, and then I guess the bellow will fold back on itself there right? and then I pull the rest out to the front and redo the front clamp

Yes, remove that front spring wire clamp and then you fold the seal into itself and in the tub. That will allow you to get the rear clamp in place. Once you remove the front wire, you will see how easy it is. Just make sure you line the rubber seal up correctly so the drain holes are at the bottom!