Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I purchased a new Kitchenaide built in fridge/freezer. My wife

Customer Question

I purchased a new Kitchenaide built in fridge/freezer. My wife is concerned about the freezer temp, I have no problem with it. Everything seems to fine to me, the ice looks good, no frost build up, the fridge is cooling at 38, the freezer she said showed 15 and she has it set on zero. With your professional experience, should I be concerned? I hate to call a tech out for what I see is NOT an issue.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The temp for the freezer should be around 0 to -10f, if the unit has been running for a while then that is where it should be, if the unit was only installed today then it take around 12 hours for the unit to get down to the set temp.

If you have owned this for more then a day I would keep a eye on things for around 24 hours, if you are still reading 15f by say tomorrow you do indeed have a problem that needs to be addressed.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi John,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Was just wondering what could be the issue? Is there anything I can check? It got down to 9-10f....sooo what should I be looking for before calling a tech? Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
If you read my previous post I gave a few things to check :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, reading through your previous posts it mentions nothing. Please provide me with some of things I should be looking for.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok I'm not at my PC right now, will get back to you in the am, thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
What is the temp at now?