Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Ive got a GE Monogram ZE2160SF04 that will heat food the first

I've got a GE Monogram ZE2160SF04 that will heat food the first time and then not heat after that until some time later. Not sure what the cool off or reset time needs to be for it to start heating again. Any thoughts on the problem?
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Really the only thing that could cause that would be the high voltage transformer overheating. High Voltage Transformer WB27X10888      Alternate Product View this is not an uncommon failure in these. sears has this in stock at the following link. HV TRANFORMER Its a pretty big job replacing this however. If this is over the range it has to come down and the case taken off. you also have to discharge the high voltage capacitor before servicing. the part is around $94.00. I hope this info is useful, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Are there instructions out there for replacing this? Am I soldering wires or are there screw terminals?

No wire soldering it plugs in. I'm not sure if instructions come with it but basically you replace it wire for wire. make sure you take note of the wires but theres only 4 on this. I usually take a picture of them also. the terminals are all push on. Please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off so I get credit for assisting you, thanks again , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am hoping this question is still active. I finally had a chance to buy a new transformer and install it. The microwave is still acting the same. It will usually heat food the first time you use it after a while, but if you try to use it again right away it will not heat the next time. Anything else I should look at?

the only other thing that I could think of would be the magnetron but they usually don't act like that, they either work or don't.