Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Agitator on LSQ 8543JQO 2001 clothes washer stopped turning.

Agitator on LSQ 8543JQO 2001 clothes washer stopped turning. I dont know how to remove sides to inspect.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Thanks Gary, the model number you supplied is to a dryer, can you look under the lid for the washer and give me the model number from the sticker.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That number I gave you is indeed on the plate of this clothes washer

Ok Gary, it's coming up as a dryer. Below I have included a link where you can view a video that will show you how to repair the agitator, the likely problem is worn dogs.

Click here to view the video.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have replaced the dogs in the past and had good results. The Shaft that the dogs engage is not moving. Motor runs , pump works but drum does not rotate

Ahhh ok sounds like a bad motor coupler, this is what joins the motor to the transmission. Ill include a repair video.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.