Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Kitchen Aid built in oven. Serial XT2813490 Model

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid built in oven. Serial XT2813490 Model KEBC10KSS06. After running the self cleaning cycle the oven quit working. The control panel works and says the oven is on low but the heating elements stay completely cold.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! On the back of the oven is a thermal fuse (number 37) that has opened. That fuse opens the line from the L2 power to the heating elements and will need to be replaced. It is accessed by pulling the oven out and removing the rear access panel (number 50). The correct fuse for your model is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

TOD Thermostat <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Would you tell me how to take the oven door off and what to remove to get the oven out wall? Thanks.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
The oven door will not need to come off, just open it and at the bottom inside of the trim pieces, you will see a very small Phillips screw. Remove each screw and the trim pieces will come off, allowing access to the mounting screws. Once those are removed, the oven will pull out of the cabinet for access to that thermal fuse.