Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have model MDB5651A purchased in 07. During the wash/rinse

I have model MDB5651A purchased in '07. During the wash/rinse cycles, it is VERY noisy. It sounds normal when draining. The dishes come out clean.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you remove the lower access panels from under the door (numbers 8 & 12) and see if there are any signs of water leakage under the motor, please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK...do they just come off?

There are 1/4" screws that secure them on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK...It's nice and dry under there

Okay, if you look on top of the motor, do you see any white marks or any rust?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It looks rust-free w/ no white build up

Great, thank you! Does the noise sound like a dry bearing or more of a "crunching" type sound?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dry bearing

Okay, that's kind of what I was thinking. The motor assembly will need to be replaced and is available below. It is a pretty pricey part as it comes as an assembly. So, if you decide you want to replace it, I can help with the installation steps, just let me know.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Motor Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX OK to run it while waiting for the part?

Sure, I would just keep an eye on the area below for leakage.