Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Oven door broiler stop quit working on my oven

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. Can you please re-state what is wrong with your oven? Is the broiler just not heating anymore? Does the bake still work?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The broiler works just fine. The broiler"stop" on the oven door won't stay partially open.

I see what you're saying. That's because there is no broiler stop on this oven. This oven and most ovens are designed without an oven door stop due to regulations. The wall ovens must have circulation fans now to circulate the air through the oven. If you open up the door, it causes the circulation fans to suck in hot air from inside the oven and blown across the electronics which will short things out. This oven is designed to broil with the door shut.