Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag washing machine model DE810 . When I fill with

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washing machine model DE810 . When I fill with water it leaks on the top of tub where the hose attached to tub. What can I do to stop it. Thank you Anna
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the model you have listed is actually a dryer model number. Do you happen to have the washer model located on a sticker on the back of the control panel on the far left or under the lid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry the washer is Model A210

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK perfect. So this is probably the most common issue this model washer gets. The problem is that the fill hose was just overly complicated back when this washer was designed. They put an injector kit which prevented the washer from potentially siphoning the water and causing the valve to stick open resulting in a flood. The problem is that the injector sleeve wears out over time since it's just rubber so the plastic cup on the fill hose begins to overfill with water. You will need to order and replace the injector kit which is part of that plastic cup in order to fix the issue. Below is a link to the kit you'd need to order.

CLICK HERE for injector kit

If you didn't know how to get inside the washer, you need to remove the 2 screws near the bottom of the front panel just below the crease. The front panel will then pull forward and up. Now remove the 2 bolts behind the upper front left and right corners and the top panel will hinge up and backwards so that you can replace this part.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?