SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have aThermador PG366BS/13 all gas range when oven is cold,

I have aThermador PG366BS/13 all gas range when oven is cold, set temp too 400*,igniter sparks oven lights,then shuts off and on sometimes a dozen times before reaching set temp.Factory says working properly?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. For clarification the unit lights and relights many time before reaching the set temp for the first time?

Customer:

Yes

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX correct, this is not not normal. It should light once, stay on all they way until slightly above the set temp, stay off until 20-30 below set temp and repeat. When it is first lighting, how long is it staying on before, going off and lighting agin?

Customer:

30 seconds

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

There id one computer board that controls this called the DSI board. It must be at fault for symptoms like this. How old is the unit? IS it under warranty?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

*is

Customer:

6years old so no warranty,there's no thermal coupler somewere causing this?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

There is the board, the wire to and the ignitor (sparks, also is the sensor for if light) The wire to and the valve (opens the gas). If you had an issue with any of these it would cause it not to light or get fire at all (saftey reasons). the fact that it works just at the wrong times tells me it has to be the DSI board. I have had issues with these in the field as well. If you are tool handy, the board isn't that hard to replace.

Customer:

is there only one board in this unit and where is it?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

It is located on the top under the far right hand side. Remove 2 burners on right hand side, under them is a couple metal covers, under those covers are the electronics. Two boards, one for fans,lights, ect other smaller boar is DSI.

Customer:

ok thanks what does DSI stand for?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Direct spark ignition