Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
When depressing the timer button I get what appears to be a normal display requesting time. But the light, vent and delay doesn't respond. I don't get an "SE" display now?
I checked the connnector for the touch pad, disconnecting and reconnecting, it appears it appears okay. I had ordered a new touch pad, but its back ordered.
Is there a breaker or fuse that could also be the culprit, since it no longer heats?
No, its back ordered, only the the button assy, insuring it was snapped into place.
What I'm understanding is disassemble and remove touch pad. Heat with a hair dryer and rub each button firmly, several times and hope it works, correct?
Question how does this impact the oven's cooking (heating), which for whatever reason no longer heats?
Will try be back later...
I think we were speaking of two different parts. You apparently were focusing on the control strip below the microwave door and I was speaking of the light and ventilation switch on the right side of the microwave. The problem of the oven not heating was a connector that was not connected.
I'm sure it probably the way I discribed the problem.
Case in point, replace Button Assy. as follows:
1) Unplug unit.
2) Remove the top facial above the door.
3) Remove screw at top of control closure on the right side, and lift up and off. Caution, remove slowly, there is a circuit board attached.
4) Remove the 3 screws holding ckt. board.
5) Remove pan underneath ckt. board (caution insure you unplug the connection to the swt. board at the bottom).
6) Remove the square swt. board and then the button assy or the button assy complete with ckt. board. **Recommend replacing both board and button assy. Approx. cost for parts $15.00.