Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

How do you adjust the fill level on a Maytag MTW6600TB0 wa

How do you adjust the fill level on a Maytag MTW6600TB0 washer
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a moment to look up the model number please.
Ok this machine does not have a way to manually adjust the water level, this is figured by the control board and is done automatically, The idea is to save water. If you open the lid and the clothes are not covered completely with water don't worry, this is a normal feature for this machine.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, fair enough, is the fill related to volume, weight or time? The controller needs to get a signal from somewhere, from where dies it

emanate?

It's a combination of fill volume and weight. There is a small tube in the side of the tub that runs up to the control board, as the water runs in air is pushed up the hose at pressure.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Then there must be a pressure switch in the controller, correct?

Yes that is correct, the pressure switch is built into the control, unfortunately there is no way to adjust the water level, If you are having problem then the control would have to be replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,