SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

bosch washer was20160uc 28...installed new board.. made one

bosch washer was20160uc 28...installed new board.. made one mistake in coding the board... can you return it to default so you can re-code it

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. I will look up the specific coding instructions for this unit and let you know in the next few moments.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, It looks like you can change any of the settings but cannot perform a total reset. I can attach the factory instructions here if you like.

Customer:

i have the board coding instructions here with me. i was trying to get the

Customer:

new board back to default so i could start over

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

HERE is everything that the techs (me) and the techline has access to. Make sure its what you have. It's errors, coding and variant settings. It looks like you can't do a total reset.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Is that the same as what you have?

Customer:

no, not all this... just the instructions on coding the new board...but it sounds like our new board is now garbage since we can't go back and recode it...correct?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If you messed it up so bad that you cannot getting to coding at all, then yes. I had that happen one time. If you can get into coding, then you could in theory redo every setting to be correct for your machine.

Customer:

yea, tried going back to redo code, but it does not respond.. the spin button does not beep after i messed up during the first try...

Customer:

appreciate help, but it looks like i need another board and start over...

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry. One of the first ones of these I ever did, I did the same thing. This is about the hardest code I have ever seen. That's what you get for one board for the world. Use what I gave you and go real slow on the next one.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Can I help you with anything else?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Who did you purchase the part from?

Customer:

part came from marcone...

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

They don't have a return policy. You could try and contact bosch and tell them what happened and ask to buy the part at cost.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

policy on electronics.

Customer:

no, i'm done with this machine for today... cust tells me we are the 3rd company that has tried to get it to work...it's brand new... it sat in the house unused for a yr until tenant tried to use it.. it never worked out of the box... my company already contacted bosch, no success

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Ouch. So you don't know even what t he prev techs did. They really should be covering this. I would tell tenant to contact bosch and send them proof of occupancy. If the customer does it directly, that should get them to send warranty/factory techs.

Customer:

like i said, thanx for your help... onto to my next job...

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Have a good one.