Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Washer wont run unless I force the switch. Can I change the

Washer won't run unless I force the switch. Can I change the switch and how would I get instructions/breakdown? Thanks John.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi John, can you give me a minute to look up the model number.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Asked for the model no. Which he already had.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hi, please read the posts carefully, I asked for time to look up this model number on my pc (I did not ask for the model number), do you still need help with this problem?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Need an answer to original question
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok John, can I have a few minutes to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Looks like this one is located inside the control panel, to gain access to the control panel pull the unit out from the wall, Take the panel off in the rear of the control panel. It's likely the switch is loose or broken, the switch is fairly cheap so it might be worth replacing it. The part number is XXXXX You would remove the wire harness then press the clip on the side to unsnap it from the machine. Before doing this make sure the lid is lifted.

If you need a suppliers of the switch where you can order it feel free to post back John :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hi John,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your answer helped however I did not replace the switch as you suggested since it functioned ok. The metal bracket arm was bent. I straightedge the arm and reinstalled. Thanks.