Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Older electric wall oven (CFEB387JES2) does not work. Display

Older electric wall oven (CFEB387JES2) does not work. Display shows 00d and a small wrench symbol. Oven may have been left on at 250 F on convection.
Is there a reset process?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the error 00d is just an internal display board error. If you haven't tried it already, try to unplug the oven or turn the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. This is the only way to reset the oven. If that doesn't work, then unfortunately the display board itself is shorted and the display board would need to be replaced. If the oven was left on for an extended period of time, then that can cause the board to overheat and short out which might be the reason the board has failed, but there is really no way of knowing what caused the problem for certain. The display board normally costs about $200 but you'll want to call an appliance parts store with your model number to get an exact price.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!