Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytag Atlantis model #MAVT634AWW is agitating during the

My Maytag Atlantis model #MAVT634AWW is agitating during the spin cycle. Spin cycle doesn't go fast enough to get the water out of the clothes!
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! What happens during the washing cycle, does the tub spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Had to go check. Nope, washes like it should.

Okay, but the agitator is agitating a little in spin or a full agitation with a slow spinning tub?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Full agitation with a slow spinning tub.

Thank you! I suspect the transmission is faulty. If the lower thrust bearing kit was at fault, you would see issues during wash cycles with the tub spinning and the agitation during the spin would not be full agitation. This is a very expensive repair, so it may be time to look at replacing the machine. However, I am happy to get you parts links, etc for everything you will need. This will take a special brake removal tool that is no longer available, so that is also something to consider.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much! This is also what I suspected from reading posts on-line. I have also heard that it is not cost effective to fix in most cases. That is the main reason I rated the urgency low since I had begun to come to terms with probably having to replace the machine.

Thank you for your honesty and quick answer!Laughing

You are very welcome, thank you!