Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

what should i do when my vulcan deep fryer pilot keeps going

what should i do when my vulcan deep fryer pilot keeps going out . the deep fryer lights and burns for about 15 mins. when the burners goes out the pilot goes out to  

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So look at the pilot light where it burns and you'll see a small metal "bulb" with a long copper wire attached to it. This is your sensing bulb also known as the "thermocouple". Clean this bulb off with emery cloth or fine sand paper because often times it will get build up on the bulb and it won't sense the flame as time goes on causing the flame to shut off. If cleaning the thermocouple doesn't fix the issue, then that sensor will need to be replaced I'm afraid to say.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!