Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Help. I came home to find the washer with the lid open and

Help. I came home to find the washer with the lid open and the washer trying to complete a spin cycle. I unplugged it; plugged it back in and it starts trying to spin again. The model number is XXXXX serial #C32631112. I purchased it on 8-13-13. Now, I am unable to use it. Please help.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the lid is unlocked and spinning, there is something wrong with your control board. There is no way to reset the board other than to unplug the unit for 5 minutes or so which it sounds like you've already tried. Since that didn't work, the main control board inside the control panel would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. There really isn't a point in me linking out the control board because the unit is less than a year old, so you'll want to call warranty because it won't cost anything to have the issue fixed. Normally the control board costs about $200. The phone number for warranty is 1.800.253.1301.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!