Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire dishwasher FDB1100RHM0 starts to fill up but then

Frigidaire dishwasher FDB1100RHM0 starts to fill up but then shuts off and does nothing
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the dishwasher is filling up and shuts down, you either have a bad control board, or the circulation pump is pulling too much power forcing the control board to shut down when the board is telling the circulation pump to turn on. You'll want to remove the kick panel below the door and unplug the wires going to the circulation pump. Start a cycle and see if it shuts off again. If it still shuts off, then you'll need to order and replace the control board. If it stops shutting off, the circulation pump itself would need to be ordered and replaced.

You can also try flipping the circuit breaker off on your house for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. That rarely works on an issue like this, but it's still something to try.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could the float or float switch be an issue?

You could disconnect the wires to the float switch (which will stop the unit from filling) to make certain it's not, but that really shouldn't have any affect on this problem because the switch only stops power to the fill valve if the water gets to the correct level early. It doesn't really send power to anything.