Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a range, model/serial number GW395LEGB3. Two days ago

Customer Question

I have a range, model/serial number GW395LEGB3. Two days ago we ran the cleaning function. It seemed to work fine. When it had cooled, we checked it and the oven would not work. The oven door is still locked shut. None of the buttons do anything. It appears to not have any electricity. However, the stove top works fine, including the ignitor for the stove burners. Please tell me what I need to do to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Under the control panel is a thermal fuse that has opened. That thermal fuse is directly in line with the power wire to the oven control. It will have two black wires going to it. It is shown as number 18 in the diagram and is pictured and available below. That thermostat will need to be replaced to restore operation to your oven.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Thermal Fuse <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do I get the control panel off?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
If you open the oven door, I believe there are three screws under the control, at the top of the door opening. I will see if I can find the service manual and get you a picture.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX now I cannot open the oven door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The oven door will not open. Is there a way to open it?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
On the back you will need to remove the access panel and manually unlock the door. The other instructions for the panel are below.

graphic

graphic
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You are very welcome!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I replaced the thermostat but that did not fix the problem. Now, the oven fan runs continually but the control panel does not have anything lit up on it and will not respond when I push any of the buttons.