Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Bravos 400 quiet series top loading wash machine.

I have a Maytag Bravos 400 quiet series top loading wash machine. I am getting the LD message for long drain. Yesterday I completely removed the basket from inside of the machine and cleaned out the drain. I also went underneath and removed the water pump, pulled it apart and cleaned it out. I checked all of the hoses for kinks and made sure that the pipe where it drains is not more than 46" tall. The only way to get the tub to drain now is by turning the power off to the machine. Then it automatically drains the machine. When I power it off the machine drains just fine. But during any of the wash cycles it always comes up with the LD code. What am I missing?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the washer is draining when you cancel the cycle but it won't drain normally, it sounds like the logic inside the control board is just bad and needs to be replaced. The pump is apparently working and you have no clogs because the washer will drain if you cancel the cycle. That would only leave the control board not sending power to the drain pump in order to drain the water out during the middle of the cycle when it should so the control board would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is it possible there is a fuse that is bad on the board or should I just replace the whole board?

Unfortunately not. There is no fuse on this this washer, and even if a fuse were bad, a fuse cuts power all the time, not just some of the time. I'm afraid the entire control board would need to be replaced.