Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My maytag mah8700 has an error code of HR. I unplugged it

My maytag mah8700 has an error code of HR. I unplugged it and it still comes on. Any help would be appreciated thank you
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this error "HR" means that the heater relay is failing on the main display control board. Often times this can happen if the pump wires touch the ground and have bad insulation or short the board out some other way. Either way, make sure the pump wires are securely tied up and dressed cleanly through the cabinet. If everything checks good and you still get the error code, the display board would need to be replaced because the heat relay has failed for whatever reason.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Thanks. When you say the pump wires there are a couple of different connectors so its hard to mess that up. What should I be looking for with the wires?

Look for the insulation wearing out. Or if you replaced the pump without unplugging the washer that could cause small spark and cause this issue either. That's really all you can check.