Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

whirlpool dishwasher 2007 model DU1055XTSS1 doesnt seem to

whirlpool dishwasher 2007 model DU1055XTSS1 doesn't seem to want to unlock - buttons on are normal and heated dry but nothing works when we push start seems to be stuck in 'gear' -any ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you not change any of the cycles or settings? It's just stuck with normal and heated dry illuminated?

Are the lights flashing or are they solid?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can change the wash cycle and the lights are solid the heated dry come on with any cycle selection the lights turn off after about a minute

OK so the lights turn off because the washer doesn't think that you pressed start. The control board is designed to shut off if you select a cycle but don't press the start button within 1 minute. Try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If it still acts the same way after the reset and it doesn't think you're pressing the start button, your touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced. You would need to order and replace part number W10021710 which is about $115.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!