Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

spin cycle doesnt work on my kirkland/whirlpool top load

spin cycle doesn't work on my kirkland/whirlpool top load washer
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. can you open the lid and see if there a tag with the model number ? it seems to be incomplete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay I think I have it. Don't take the back off. these cabinets come off from the front. So this is really a whirlpool direct drive machine which is good. when it gets to drain does it or does it just stop and nothing ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing and i may need help putting back together

oh no. you took the back panel off ? okay try not to panic yet. Okay now you can ! just kidding.what did you take off the back? lets try and get that back together first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the bottom sides are loose but don't have back totally off

okay great that's not to bad, we are going to take the whole cabinet off anyway. first look in the back for the two screws holding the head (control panel) on. they are screws number 49 on this diagram. Now I have a video on how to remove the different cabinets from whirlpool. click this link. VIDEO let me know when your done watching it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have it all apart

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are there

okay so you know how it goes back together now I believe. but what you need to do is order and replace the lid switch. Lid Switch Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View if you lay the body down you will see the lid switch. there are two ways these fail. one is internally and the other is the plastic breaks and its not secure so it falls down and the post on the door doesn't hit it. heres a link to order the switch. lid switch this will fix your issue.