Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hi Kelly Have you heard of laundry detergent in the HE washing

Hi Kelly Have you heard of laundry detergent in the HE washing machines clogging up like plaster and causing the water to stop flowing? I get a F 02 trouble code. thanks, Tom
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The F2 code means a pump error.

The error code F02 indicates that the control is getting a message from the pressure switch that there is too much water in the tub. This can be caused by a faulty signal from the pressure switch or too much water being in the tub. Most often times, this is caused by poor drain pressure from the drain pump. The drain pump has a filter that is designed to catch any debris before it gets into the pump impeller. This filter is likely obstructed and will need to be cleaned out. At the bottom of the front panel are three screws. Once removed, you will have access to the drain pump assembly. It is in the center of the machine, directly behind the front panel. The filter will simply unscrew to allow access for cleaning. Have towels on hand, the water will come out once you remove that filter! Clean the filter out and run a rinse cycle to verify proper operation.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kelly, it was poor water pressure, because the pump impeller couldn't move.Our Kenmore washing machine HE3 suddenly stopped pumping the water out of the drum. I opened the washer up and found that the pump impeller couldn't move because the detergent was packed out and fused the impeller to the volute. In fact, everything that the water came in contact with dispenser, drain hoses, etc. was also packed out with soap blockage. The blockage was like plaster, it had to be chipped out of every part.

I don't think it was soap but likely calcium and other minerals in your water supply. Is your water very hard?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm in so. California, EMWD it is city water. Their reports are always telling us that their water gets high marks. The machine works fine now.

I'm wondering if it will happen again.

I would recommend using an additive in your detergent, like Calgon, or install a water softener.