Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I remove the plastic lifters in a lg wm2177hw front

How do I remove the plastic lifters in a lg wm2177hw front loader? I know how to access the screw under the paddle, but don't know if there are additional screws on the back of the drum.?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are 2 screws holding the lifters down and then the lifter will pull forward and off to remove it. Below is a picture to both screws so you can see which ones you need to remove.

Again, once you remove those screws it pulls forward and then up and out and it requires quite a bit of force.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have 2004 LG WM2177HW front load washing machine. I wish it had the plastic lifters you showed, but it doesn't. There are no visible screws on the lifters in this model. In your video of disassembling a Duet front loader, it has the same plastic lifters as my front loader.

I see what happened, the model changed on me when I entered it into the look up. Either way, there is a screw coming in from the backside of the lifters. You must completely uninstall the outer tub of the basket and split it open in order to access the screw coming in from the back of the lifters. Then the lifter will pull forward and off. It's a lot of work to remove these lifters.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So your diagram show there are screws under and behind the lifters? I was hoping the screw under the lifter ( which is not connected directly to the tub) could release the top part of the lifter...Does your diagram show what that screw under and inside the lifter releases?

It does not. but it does hold the top part of the lifter in place, but there are more things toward the back coming from the outside of the basket of the lifter that you'd also need to release in order to pull the top part of the lifter off.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank for double checking! You saved me time and frustration!

No problem and sorry about the bad news.

I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?