Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi: My name is XXXXX XXXXX I need an answer to an electrical

Hi: My name is XXXXX XXXXX I need an answer to an electrical question about my Wall Unit micro/oven combination.
This is an ongoing saga which started early Sept. I had a serviceman who said the board was burned out that controlled both ovens of this unit. The first board he installed failed after two days. so he ordered another board and that one does not work either. When he leaves the house they work. But only for a short time.
He came the fourth time and after 5 hours of testing everything inside and everything testable, he declared he did not know what was wrong.
I need an oven so ordered one today but am not sure that is the thing to do. I hate to throw a good unit out if that is not the problem.
The clock on the oven shows but does not keep proper time, losing several hours daily. Sometimes I hear noises and clicks and then a lot of jibberish show on the panel.
I checked the electric box and the switches seem form and click when pulled or reset.
I am hopeing you can help me out, should I just get rid of this appliance or do you think this is repairable?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I would not install a new oven until you have the electrical inspected by an electrician. You have an issue with the power supply to the oven, not the oven. You may have a poor or loose neutral, which I suspect. That is pretty common and can cause all kinds of issues, including high current draw that will damage those electronics. The power may test good but change when a load is applied, so you will need to hire an experienced electrician to come in and load test that circuit. This can happen with aluminum wiring, old wiring, lots of different scenarios. I would definitely not install a new oven on that circuit if you do not have it inspected by an electrician.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!