Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

(Appliance Doc Only) Appliance Doc, a lady called me with a

(Appliance Doc Only) Appliance Doc, a lady called me with a double wall oven, a Maytag that the bottom oven is heating correctly. Think it might be a thermostat, but my basic question is it's about 15 years old and you can't read the model or serial number. How do you proceed in such cases? I could see if some designation is on a wiring diagram (if there is one) but how would you normally proceed?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if you have access to the manual, often times a full or partial model number will be listed on the model number. Other than that, remove whatever part you suspect is bad and bring it to an appliance parts store. Often times the parts store can pull a number off the part and match up what part you need or they can physically match up the part depending on exactly what part it is that you need.