Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Maytag washing machine mdl LAT2300AAE that will not

I have a Maytag washing machine mdl LAT2300AAE that will not run. It was running fine. but don't now. What could be the problem?
I checked and have power up to the timer I thought that it was the timer and replaced it but it still will not. How can I get the shell open to check in the motor area.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Will it not do anything at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! If you open and close the lid, do you hear the lid switch clicking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you press down in the middle of the back of the lid, does it start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have a meter to test voltage and/or continuity with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have checked the power and know that it has power going into the timer. I do have a meter but not to proficient with it.

Do you know how to test for continuity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I can

Okay, well we just need to test the lid switch wires. Make sure the washer is unplugged and the lid down. Put one probe in the connector with the black wire on the lid switch and the blue wire on the lid switch. Does the needle move or the display on the meter change at all when set to a resistance setting ( R x 10)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Did not get a another commit from my last response, I might have put it into the wrong place.
I am here, sorry you are having trouble. What did you find with that test?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

needle did not move.

GReat! That means the lid switch is bad and will need to be replaced. An easy, inexpensive repair! the part you need is pictured and available below. Very well done, great job!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!